The privacy and security of your personal information is important to us. Earning and maintaining your trust by carefully and respectfully managing your personal information is fundamental to the way we do business.
We are committed to protecting your privacy
What kind of information do we collect and hold?
Personal information includes any information or opinion, about an identified individual or an individual who can be reasonably identified from that information. The information or opinion will still be personal information whether it is true or not and regardless of whether we have kept a record of it.
Some examples of personal information may include your:
- mailing or residential address details;
- contact details such as telephone numbers, email address, social media platform username;
- government issued identifiers such as Tax File Number, Medicare number or Driver’s License number;
- bank account and credit card details;
- credit history, credit capacity, ability to be provided with credit or credit worthiness;
- photograph, video or audio recording; and
- sensitive information such as information relating to your health, biometric data, criminal history, racial or ethnic origin.
- National student number
Information (including personal information) may be collected in a number of ways. ITA will generally collect personal information from you directly, including through the following means:
- When you purchase products or services from ITA
- When you first commence a business or service relationship with ITA
- From website registration or contact forms, or credit or trade account applications
- During your interactions and correspondence with ITA New Zealand (whether verbal or in any written form)
- When you attend one of ITA’s trainings
- When you contact ITA’s customer service or bookings
- When you use ITA’s website or browse an electronic communication from ITA (e.g. email)
- While conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys
- Through promotions.
how do we store and protect your personal information?
Much of the information we hold about you will be stored electronically. We store some of your information in secure data centres that are located online, (including cloud storage providers). Some information we hold about you will be stored in paper files.
We use a range of physical, electronic and other security measures to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of the personal information we hold. For example:
- access to our information systems is controlled through identity and access management controls;
- employees and our contracted service providers are bound by internal information security policies and are required to keep information secure;
- all employees are required to complete training about privacy and information security; and
- we regularly monitor and review our compliance with internal policies and industry best practice.
Who do we disclose your personal information to, and why?
We may use your personal information to directly offer you products and services we believe may be of interest and value to you, but we will not do so if you tell us not to. We may offer you products and services by various means, including by mail, telephone, email, SMS or other electronic means, such as through social media.
When we market products and services to you, we will comply with applicable Privacy Laws to obtain your consent if required.
If you do not want to receive direct marketing offers from us, please contact us using the contact details.
Access to and correction of personal information
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you. You can also ask for corrections to be made. To do so, please contact us.
There is no fee for requesting that your personal information is corrected or for us to make corrections. In some limited circumstances, there may be a reasonable charge for giving you access to your personal information. This charge covers such things as locating the information and supplying it to you.
Under Privacy Laws your right to receive access to your personal information, or make corrections to it, is not absolute and exceptions exist. For example, we are not required to give you access to your personal information where giving you access would pose a serious threat to any person’s life, health or safety, or to public health or safety, where giving access would be unlawful, where giving access would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy or where we reasonably conclude your request is frivolous or vexatious.
If we refuse to give you access to or to correct your personal information, we will give you a notice explaining our reasons except where it would be unreasonable to do so. If we refuse your request to correct your personal information, you also have the right to request that a statement be associated with
your personal information noting that you disagree with its accuracy.
If we refuse your request to access or correct your personal information, we will also provide you with information on how you can complain about the refusal.
Contact us about privacy questions
If you have any questions relating to the handling of information (including personal information) collected by Industrial Training Associates, or would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, please contact:
The Privacy Officer
1307 Tomoana Road
Tomoana, Hastings 4153